Hyundai AutoEver Corporation (hereinafter the “Company”) values the processing of customers’ personal
information above all else and is committed to protecting their personal information as actively and
effectively as possible.
1. Personal Information Items Collected and Method of Collection
1. 1. Personal Information Items Collected
① When a customer signs up for membership, the Company collects the following
information to identify members and provide optimized services.
- Required items : Vehicle model, Year, VIN(Vehicle Identification Number),
Device ID, Purchase date and ID(Email).
1. 2. Method and Scope of Collecting Personal Information
② The Company collects personal information in the following ways:
1)Membership registration on the website, consultation board, e-mail
2)Provision from partner companies
3)Tools to collect generated information
③ However, the Company does not collect personal information that may
significantly infringe on customers’ basic human rights, such as race and
ethnicity, ideology and an creed, place of origin and domicile, political
orientation and criminal record, health status and sexual life.
2. Providing and Sharing Personal Information
2. 1. The Company cannot use or provide the customer’s personal information to third
parties beyond the notified scope without the customer’s consent. However, the following cases are exceptions:
When the Company transfers all or part of its business or succeeds the rights
and obligations of the service provider due to merger or inheritance, the
Company shall notify the customer of that fact to guarantee the customer’s
② When it is determined that personal information is required by relevant laws and
regulations (e.g. when a government/investigative agency requests personal
information in accordance with due process)
3. Entrusting Personal Information Processing
3. 1. The Company may entrust the processing of personal information to a specialized
institution for the sake of service improvement, wherein the Company notifies the
customer of that in advance, clearly stipulates the service provider’s compliance
with instructions regarding the processing of personal information, the confidentiality
of personal information, the prohibition of providing personal information to third parties
as well as liability, and the contents of the contract are stored in writing or electronically to
protect the rights and interests of customers.
3. 2. The institution to which the Company entrusts the processing of personal information,
the tasks to be entrusted, and the entrustment period are as follows:
|Period of Entrustment
|Until the end of the entrustment contra
|Until the end of the entrustment contra
4. Retention Period of Personal Information
4. 1. The Company will destroy any personal information collected immediately after the
purpose of collecting and using the personal information has been achieved. However, the
following information will be retained for the following reason for the specified period of time.
① Retention of personal information for map updates Purpose :
map update Period of retention : 7 years
5. Destroying Personal Information
5. 1. The user may destroy personal information by completing 『Membership Withdrawal』 on
the website, and the Company shall destroy personal information without delay upon the
5. 2. However, users with authentication history cannot leave the membership, and they
can withdraw by following the relevant procedure on the website.
5. 3. The procedure and method of the Company destroying personal information are as
① Destruction procedure
The personal information that the customer enters for joining membership is transferred
to a separate DB (if paper, to a separate filing cabinet) after the purpose is achieved, and is destroyed after a certain period of time in
accordance with internal policies and relevant laws and regulations (see Period of retention and use of personal information).
This personal information will not
be used for any purpose other than retention unless required by law.
② Destruction method
Personal information printed on paper is destroyed by shredding or incinerating
the paper. If stored in electronic files, it will be deleted in a technical way so that
it cannot be reproduced.
6. Accounts of members who have not been active for more than four years after the map update
is terminated due to vehicle discontinuation will be converted to dormant accounts. For users who
accessed within 2 years after the end of the service, the dormant account is canceled, and if there
is no access for 2 years from the period of access, the account is converted back to dormant
Details are as follows:
① The Company stores and manages the personal information of dormant
accounts in a separate DB for the sake of security and does not use or provide it
to third parties. An email will be sent to users of the account up to 30 days
before switching to an inactive account.
② Once an account is placed in a dormant state, users of that account will not be able to log
in with the personal information of the dormant account and will not
be able to use the member services. However, they can cancel the dormant
status at any time after a separate application and verification process.
6. 1. The Company keeps the personal information of dormant accounts for two years and then
destroys it. Details are as follows:
③ The Company will notify the user of the dormant account of the withdrawal
process and the destruction of personal information (including the serial registered in the account) at least 30 days in advance.
④ Those who want to sign up again after their personal information is destroyed cannot
use the same ID.
7. Technical and Administrative Protection Measures of Personal Information
7. 1. The Company takes the following technical/administrative measures to ensure safety in
handling personal information so that it is not lost, stolen, leaked, altered or damaged.
7. 2 Password Encryption
Since the password of the member ID is stored and managed after encryption, only the
member knows the actual password, which means that only the member himself can check
and change his personal information.
7. 3 Measures against Hacking
The Company is doing its utmost to prevent leakage or damage of personal information of
members by hacking or computer viruses. In order to prevent personal information from being
affected, the Company regularly backups the data. The Company uses the latest anti-virus
software to prevent users’ personal information or data from being leaked or damaged and to
securely transmit personal information on the network through encrypted communication. In
addition, the Company uses a firewall to control unauthorized access from the outside, and
strives to have all possible technical devices to ensure security systematically.
7. 4 Minimizing and Training Handling Staff
The Company’s handling of personal information is limited to the person in charge, and a
separate password is assigned for this purpose and updated regularly. The Company
training of the person in charge.
7. 5 However, if the user’s negligence or problems on the Internet cause leakage of personal
information such as ID, password, and resident registration number, the Company
shall not be held responsible at all